How To Grow Muscle: Why
Are My Muscles Not Growing?
A common problem with bodybuilders is that no matter hard they train, their muscles stop growing after some
Normally, the process of muscle building should continue to a point, but there are reasons as to why the growth
stops or gets stunted. Some of the reasons why your muscles stop growing despite regular workouts are as
- You may be training too hard or for longer periods than necessary. When you are training, you actually tear
your muscles. You need to give them time to recover from the damage caused by training. You need to train each
muscle group once, or at the most, twice a week and not more than that.
- Intense workouts should not last for more than an hour. 45 minutes
of intense training should be enough because that is the time it takes for cortisol levels to rise in the body.
Excess levels of this hormone can destroy muscle cells and have a negative impact on muscle growth.
- Another factor that affects muscle building is that muscles adapt to a routine and stop growing. For proper
muscle growth, you need to change your training routine every month or so.
- A well structured training program means that you need to overload your muscles progressively. Your muscles
will grow only if you increase the number of reps and weights you lift every week.
- One of the major reasons why muscle building stops after some time is if you are not sleeping well. Muscle
growth takes place when you are resting. If you are not sleeping for eight hours a day, this can result in your
muscles not growing.
- Alcohol can lead to regression. If you are indulging in excessive drinking, then you are not only consuming
empty calories, but are also slowing muscle growth.
- Muscle building is directly related to protein synthesis, the process through which amino acids combine to
form proteins. Proteins are known as the body's building blocks. You need to consume adequate quantities of
proteins in every meal.
The recommended amount is 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. If you diet does not have enough
protein content, you need to look at protein supplements such as protein shakes.
These are only few of the reasons why you are not getting the desired results despite regular and intense
training. There are other reasons as well. For example, if you are not eating a healthy and balanced diet based on
recommended percentages of all food groups, you are not giving your body the nutrients that it requires for muscle
There are many ways on how to grow muscles fast, but if you're a beginner, you need to first take care of these
factors. Choose a training program after due diligence and take care of what and how much you are putting in your