Need A More Intense Workout
One of the biggest problems that bodybuilders face is how to maximize the gains from their exercise regime. This
is possible only when it is ensured that all muscle fibers are worked upon during any particular exercise.
You may spend hours working out and still not get the desired results. The major reason behind that is every
small and large group of muscles needs to be worked on, which requires an intense workout plan. A properly
structured intense workout not only ensures continued progress, but also reduces chances of regression.
If you want an intense muscle building workout, you need to ensure certain important aspects of training. Some
of the factors that have been proved to be effective are as follows:
- The most important part in the development of muscles is resistance. Some exercises that
work on a very small group of muscles are actually minimal resistive exercises.
The idea is to increase the lifted weight in a manner to ensure that the muscle is challenged beyond the
previous point. This is done by increasing the weight after six to eight reps.
- It is important that you train all the muscle fibers in the body. To achieve this and get
the maximum benefits from your workout, you must either introduce a new exercise or change the angle.
- As you go along, make sure that you reduce the rest intervals. The logic is to give your
muscles less time to recover before you work upon them again so as to increase the intensity of the
- There are exercises that involve more than one muscle. In this case, the two muscles work
on cross purpose. The weaker of the two will prevent you from working on the primary muscle.
To get the maximum benefit from such exercises, the right way is to tire the primary muscle first and then
move immediately to another exercise for working on the set of muscles.
- Supersets are essential for bodybuilding. A superset is when two exercises of the same
muscle group are performed without a rest interval. Supersets stimulate muscle growth, as all muscle fibers are
- Using partial reps is another essential aspect of an intense exercise routine. You will
not be able to complete the full range of movement of an exercise once you reach the point of failure.
Complete a partial rep to work your muscles beyond the point of failure. This provides the same benefits and
is particularly important for bodybuilders at that advanced stage of training, as it avoids overtraining.
- Muscular contraction in which tension increases while the length remains constant is known
as isometric contraction. This is an important aspect of intense workouts and is achieved by holding a weight
still at the point of failure to increase static contraction.